Re: [Evolution] Authentication Issues with Exchange Web Services

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Parikh, Samir <Samir Parikh nationalgrid com> wrote:
Based on this, what values should I be entering for my username (e.g. "DOMAIN\username" or just "username") and the URL fields (e.g. just accept what is returned via the "FETCH URL" button or use the URL used to access OWA)?
Hi,
I always use DOMAIN\username, just give it a try. Also just accept what autoconfig has given you, if it does not work, then try something like:  "https://webmail.companyname.com/ews/exchange.asmx"  but we cant' be sure that it would work, so if both autoconfig and this url does not work, you need to ask your admin which protocols are enabled on the server (you need EWS) and what is the EWS URL.

Note that Xubuntu 14.04 Evolution packages are pretty old, even ancient (3.10 if I understand right). Even Vivid 15.04 has very old packages. So I compile my own from time to time. Alternatively, if you upgrade to Vivid 15.04, you can use Fabien Tassin PPA here: https://launchpad.net/~fta/+archive/ubuntu/gnome3  and use 3.16.x which is relatively recent.

Emre