Re: [Evolution] compile my own --- in addition to: Authentication Issues with Exchange Web Services

On 06/09/2015 10:18 AM, Tom wrote:
But there seems to be not even one simple "cookbook" to do it, but lots
of comments, that those distros that don't keep Evolution up to a recent
version are dirt cheap.

It has been years but the two ways that I have used to compile Evolution
is Gentoo Linux or JHBuild.

With Gentoo you could install it into a virtual machine or use a chroot.
You might even want to use container technology like Docker or one of
the others. Once you have Gentoo running just tell it to install
Evolution. That will trigger a build of every library required by Xorg,
Gnome, OpenSSL, etc required for Evolution. I believe there's some
option that you'll need to set to ask Gentoo to not delete the sources
after each compile. If you leave the sources in place, it makes
debugging very easy.

With JHBuild you will want to read all the documentation, especially
everything about choosing directories so that it doesn't try to take
over from your distributions Gnome.