Re: [Evolution] Fwd: Mail in Evolution disappearing - mystery deepens

dave boland wrote:
How do I do that?  I went through all the account properties and
could not find a way to change to POP without recreating the account,
which I don’t want to do.

You need to configure your email as a new evolution account. There's no
way to "reconfigure an IMAP account as POP". You can do so without
removing the earlier account using IMAP, though.

Also, does Evolution have the ability to leave mail on the server so
I have access to it remotely?  It used to, but that was a few
versions ago.

Yes, there's an option «Keep mails on server»

Best regards