Re: [Evolution] Fwd: Mail in Evolution disappearing - mystery deepens

The emails are located in a number of locations, but some are in my
inbox of an old account no longer used, most are in Sent.  The search
reveals that nothing in my current Inbox os older than early September.

Can you access your mail on the server using some other method - such
as webmail? Are the messages on the server?

It looks like they have been automatically purged.  Not good!

Purging usually refers to deleted messages - are the messages you are
looking for marked as deleted?  (I have had users who use "delete" to
mean "I've seen and dealt with that" - confused me greatly and they got
stressed when their "deleted" messages were purged.)

All I can say is that under normal circumstances Evolution appears to
take great care of your messages.  Certainly I've never known it to
delete things without asking first.

P.