Re: [Evolution] Fwd: Mail in Evolution disappearing - mystery deepens

I guess I'm not really sure what your "fat, dumb and happy" mode was
before, and how Evolution, or a new version of Evolution?, has changed
things so you're not in that mode any longer...?

I did not pay attention to archiving because I thought everything was
copied to my hard drive.

If you stay with your current mail provider, then your best bet is to
do what Reid suggests and set up an automated system to copy IMAP mail
to your local machine independent of Evolution.  I would add that I
know people have used "offlineimap" for this sort of thing as well.

My isp has a 90 day limit that I did not know about.  The only
alternative is tw, and I doubt that the will be a big improvement.  I do
think it is time to get better email hosting, which is independent of
the isp.

There shouldn't be any reason to restrict your mail provider to just
your ISP (unless they are real bastards and block access to other
places! In which case dump them.).  Gmail is a reasonable start and it
is integrated nicely with Evolution via Gnome online accounts -
although some of the ways they do things is a bit non-standard.

P.