Re: [Evolution] Fwd: Mail in Evolution disappearing - mystery deepens

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015, at 03:01 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 14:45 -0500, dave boland wrote:
This may be what I do, but for now (and rest of a very busy December),
I'm looking for an easier way.  I guess that may be a monthly combing
my email to see what needs to be saved, then copying it to a folder.
I admit, I have been fat, dumb and happy for too long, and should have
been doing this all along, but...

I guess I'm not really sure what your "fat, dumb and happy" mode was
before, and how Evolution, or a new version of Evolution?, has changed
things so you're not in that mode any longer...?

I did not pay attention to archiving because I thought everything was
copied to my hard drive.

It's still not clear to me why your email on your IMAP server is being
deleted, if you didn't mark it for deletion on your local system.  Are
you saying that your ISP/IMAP server provider is deleting old messages
from your folders, even if you didn't mark them for deletion...?!?!

If that's the case then as already mentioned the right answer is to get
another provider which is not insane, not futzing with workarounds.  IMO
anyway.

My isp has a 90 day limit that I did not know about.  The only
alternative is tw, and I doubt that the will be a big improvement.  I do
think it is time to get better email hosting, which is independent of
the isp.
--
  dave boland
  dboland9 fastmail fm