Re: [Evolution] [Bulk] Fast full-text search of e-mails?

On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 13:10 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
IMAP SEARCH doesn't work?

Why ask me? The search issue was brought up by someone else who appears
to be having trouble with it.

However, since you ask, I tested a full body search on the string "ews"
over the entire account where I receive the Evo list:

* Using Evo on the IMAP-connected Google account took 70 seconds, giving
51 results. I have a fairly fast desktop machine (i7 cpu with 16GB of
RAM and the root filesystem on an SSD). This is Evo 3.10.4.

* Using the Gmail web interface on the same account gave the same
results in under 1 second.

So yes, having some special-purpose Google API code probably would help.

poc