Re: [Evolution] Fast full-text search of e-mails?

but if they are local folders (i.e. for a POP account), then
right-click on the folder select Properties and make sure "Index message
body data" is checked.

Thank you for this.  I had not realized that this capability existed.
However, it appears that you have to do it folder by folder.  Is there
anyway to get it to include sub-folders?

Well, as others have pointed out in this thread, it doesn't actually
work!

FYI - I use Recoll (www.recoll.org, Linux/Unix only) for full text
search.  This maintains a database of all words in real time and
includes Evolution local mail folders.

If you have something that works, then I suggest you stick with it.

P.