Re: [Evolution] [Bulk] Fast full-text search of e-mails?

On 3 November 2014 16:36, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
I doubt there is a MUA that is going to nicely handle full-text search
of very large mailboxes.

Actually there is at least one: Gmail. But of course that has other baggage which not everyone wants.

Personally I use Gmail via IMAP on Evo, but if I want to do a large-scale search the Gmail web
interface is extremely effective, so I get the best of both worlds. Now if Evo had a direct interface
to the Gmail search function, we'd be really cooking :-) That's not entirely a joke, as Google has
published some API information recently which could be useful. After all, if Evo can handle
other account types such as Exchange, there's no reason *in principle* why this couldn't happen.

I'll go and don my flame-proof suit now ...

poc