Re: [Evolution] "Storing Folder" stalling Evolution

Thanks for helping out.

I am using 2.32.2 in 64 bit Ubuntu 11.04 . My
inbox is quite large ie. 2.2 GB . Could this be a problem?

Is this INBOX on local storage?
Yes it is a POP account on local storage.

This is POP presumably. Older versions of Evo did baulk at mbox files of
over 2^31 bytes (2GB) because of the size of file pointers, but IIRC
2.32.x should no longer have this problem.

You *have* expunged your deleted files, right? If you haven't, that
Inbox is full of crud which you can at least clean out as a start.

Start with a clean setup of evolution with your big INBOX file separated
away and then try to import that file with evolutions import
functionality, having set up some reasonable filters which split these
mails into different folders.
Or try to split your big INBOX file into smaller junks. See, for
instance: http://tinyurl.com/3v9z5f.
I tried importing with a fresh install but it crashed during the
importing process. I went in to my 2.2 GB folder and deleted some stuff
to bring my INBOX down to 1.6 GB. That seemed to have solved my problems
for now. I am assuming it isn't because of a 2 GB limit but I could be
wrong. I figured on a 64 bit system with a recent version of Evo that
wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the help on this.
Jim