Re: [Evolution] "Storing Folder" stalling Evolution

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 01:09 -0400, jim wrote:
Try vacuuming the database. Stop Evo completely (--force-shutdown)
and
run:

cd ~/.evolution/mail/
for i in `find . -name folders.db`
        do
        echo "Rebuilding Table $i"
        sqlite3 $i "vacuum;"
done

One more thought, just in case: is your home directory on an NFS
server?

If nothing else works, at least report it to Bugzilla.

Thanks Patrick. I tried vacuuming the database as you suggested. That
didn't seem to work on its own. I then deleted all these files again:
.cmeta
.ibex.index
.ibex.index.data
.ev-summary

and as of now I am not getting the storing folder messages and the
long
delays associated with them. I'll keep an eye on it and see how long
this works. Thanks again for all your help. Do you happen to know
where
I could find an explanation as to what the above files and the
folder.db files do?

Clearly they are index files and caches of various sorts, because Evo
will just rebuild them when deleted. For details you'd probably have to
look at the source code.

poc