Re: [Evolution] "Storing Folder" stalling Evolution

Am Samstag, den 18.06.2011, 00:17 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 00:25 -0400, jim wrote:
Evolution was responsive for a short
time like one or two times I loaded it then I am back to very slow
"storing folder" messages. I thought de-installing and re-installing
evolution would fix it.

Linux is not Windows. Reinstalling a package is not generally going to
change anything unless the installation itself was somehow corrupted,
and there are ways of checking that, e.g. RPM-based systems can use "rpm
-V" and presumably there's something analogous in apt-based systems.

I am using 2.32.2 in 64 bit Ubuntu 11.04 . My
inbox is quite large ie. 2.2 GB . Could this be a problem?

Is this INBOX on local storage?

This is POP presumably. Older versions of Evo did baulk at mbox files of
over 2^31 bytes (2GB) because of the size of file pointers, but IIRC
2.32.x should no longer have this problem.

You *have* expunged your deleted files, right? If you haven't, that
Inbox is full of crud which you can at least clean out as a start.

Start with a clean setup of evolution with your big INBOX file separated
away and then try to import that file with evolutions import
functionality, having set up some reasonable filters which split these
mails into different folders.
Or try to split your big INBOX file into smaller junks. See, for
instance: http://tinyurl.com/3v9z5f.

--
thomas