Re: [Evolution] "Storing Folder" stalling Evolution

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 21:43 -0400, jim wrote:
On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 17:53 -0400, jim wrote:
Thanks for the response. Sometimes I see "storing folders" at the
bottom
of the interface. There is no information that would associate it with
an account.  Whenever I see "storing folders" as a message in the
middle
of my interface it is associated with a POP email address.

Well, to start with, do you actually have any remote (i.e. non-POP)
mailboxes?

Note that you can capture debug info by running Evo from a Shell, thus:

CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution >& evo.log

This might give clues as to what's going on.
There is nothing screaming out at me  as a problem in the debug file. I
did notice my state.ini had references to ~/.evolution/mail . I deleted
state.ini but that still didn't solve my problem. I still get long
periods of storing folder every time I start and stop evolution. Any
other thoughts as to things I can try?

Try vacuuming the database. Stop Evo completely (--force-shutdown) and
run:

cd ~/.evolution/mail/
for i in `find . -name folders.db`
        do
        echo "Rebuilding Table $i"
        sqlite3 $i "vacuum;"
done

One more thought, just in case: is your home directory on an NFS server?

If nothing else works, at least report it to Bugzilla.

Thanks Patrick. I tried vacuuming the database as you suggested. That
didn't seem to work on its own. I then deleted all these files again:
.cmeta
.ibex.index
.ibex.index.data
.ev-summary

and as of now I am not getting the storing folder messages and the long
delays associated with them. I'll keep an eye on it and see how long
this works. Thanks again for all your help. Do you happen to know where
I could find an explanation as to what the above files and the folder.db
files do?

Jim