Re: [Evolution] "Storing Folder" stalling Evolution

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 21:43 -0400, jim wrote:
On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 17:53 -0400, jim wrote:
Thanks for the response. Sometimes I see "storing folders" at the
bottom
of the interface. There is no information that would associate it with
an account.  Whenever I see "storing folders" as a message in the
middle
of my interface it is associated with a POP email address.

Well, to start with, do you actually have any remote (i.e. non-POP)
mailboxes?

Note that you can capture debug info by running Evo from a Shell, thus:

CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution >& evo.log

This might give clues as to what's going on.
There is nothing screaming out at me  as a problem in the debug file. I
did notice my state.ini had references to ~/.evolution/mail . I deleted
state.ini but that still didn't solve my problem. I still get long
periods of storing folder every time I start and stop evolution. Any
other thoughts as to things I can try?

Try vacuuming the database. Stop Evo completely (--force-shutdown) and
run:

cd ~/.evolution/mail/
for i in `find . -name folders.db`
        do
        echo "Rebuilding Table $i"
        sqlite3 $i "vacuum;"
done

One more thought, just in case: is your home directory on an NFS server?

If nothing else works, at least report it to Bugzilla.

poc