Re: [Evolution] Problems with my evolution calendar on a new computer.

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 22:35 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 22:27 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
I've been setting up a new computer.  I used backup to store the
evolution files on the old computer, copied the backup file to the new
computer and used restore to restore it.

I got all my mail files, and mail seems to work correctly.

But I'm having trouble with my calendar.

First, my old appointments were not copied.

Also, when I make an appointment, I get multiple copies of the
appointment in the slot,  usually two but sometimes three.  They are
right next to one another.  How do I make the calendar list the
appointment just once?   I think this may have happened before on my old
computer, but I don't remember what I had to do to fix it.

I think I see what is causing it.

On the left had side of the Calendar Window, it shows three calendars,
two of which are called "On this Computer  Personal"  They were both
checked.  If I uncheck one of  them, I get only one entry in the window
for each appointment.   But how do I arrange to eliminate the extra copy
of the Calendar?

I discovered that the extra tab came up if I saved the Barnes and Noble
calendar entry as a file and then imported it to evolution.  But it
still wasn't entered on the target date.  I then switched from Day to
List, and the entry showed up along with all the other entries for the
same event I thought I had made.  I deleted the extra ones and then
opened the remaining instance and fiddled with it a bit, and then it
showed up on the proper day.   There was a bit  of trouble opening it
because the event had a start date but no end date.

I don't really understand what is going on, but in the future I will be
able to save an event in my calendar with a little effort.

--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University