Re: [Evolution] "Storing Folder" stalling Evolution

On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 00:25 -0400, jim wrote:
Evolution was responsive for a short
time like one or two times I loaded it then I am back to very slow
"storing folder" messages. I thought de-installing and re-installing
evolution would fix it.

Linux is not Windows. Reinstalling a package is not generally going to
change anything unless the installation itself was somehow corrupted,
and there are ways of checking that, e.g. RPM-based systems can use "rpm
-V" and presumably there's something analogous in apt-based systems.

I am using 2.32.2 in 64 bit Ubuntu 11.04 . My
inbox is quite large ie. 2.2 GB . Could this be a problem?

This is POP presumably. Older versions of Evo did baulk at mbox files of
over 2^31 bytes (2GB) because of the size of file pointers, but IIRC
2.32.x should no longer have this problem.

You *have* expunged your deleted files, right? If you haven't, that
Inbox is full of crud which you can at least clean out as a start.

poc