Re: [Evolution] IMAP and Expunge

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 13:52 -0700, Al Niessner wrote:
According to the manual (where the worms have not eaten yet anyway) and
the tests I performed to double check the documentation given yours and
Art's view of expunge, expunge means something different depending on
context. If a folder is selected, ctrl-e empties just that folder but
leaves the Trash folder in tact.

On my system if I expunge a folder, the deleted messages in that folder
disappear AND they disappear from the Trash virtual folder.  This is the
action I expect: if Trash is a virtual folder, then it can't possibly
contain things that now don't exist.  And even if they do exist in
another folder, the system can not know that the deleted message is
somewhere else since there is no link between the messages.

 Well, my 200 TB of trash is still there
anyway including messages that used to be in the folder (an IMAP folder
as I said before) that I expunged.

Tell me, does your Trash folder have the same icon as all the other IMAP
folders?  Or does it have a distinctive icon like Inbox and Junk?

P.