Re: [Evolution] db3

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/helix/ximian-gnome/redhat-71-i386/source/evo-db3-3.1.17-ximian.2.src.html
??? It is for 7.1 - I asked for 7.2. Is there any document claiming it
is suitable for 7.2?

Also in regards to the evolution list archive; it's at
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/
I was there.

It is not as searchable as one would like, but you can certainly go
month by month and see what's been said about db3.
:))) Very convenient. Thank a lot. Do you really think it is the proper
way?:)))

Er, what do you have against db3?  Why would you think that XML is
better than db?
Nothing against db3. I am not excited by the fact that I have to install
3.1.17 (having 3.2.9!) if I want to build the Evolution. I do not really
need this portability of the DB but Ximian gives me no choice (probably,
it is the most annoying part of the story:).

Also, I know a lot of problems about XML (I am Java developer, so it is
part of my life:) but there is a great advantage - it is really
_STANDARD_ thing so all parsers read any type of XML as long as it is
XML.

Sorry, I did not mean to quarrel I am just really sick of this little
annoying issue since Evo 0.???.:)

Cheers,

Sergey