Re: [Evolution] db3

actually, what he meant was a standard across all Evolution clients no
matter what platform/version. This way you can copy db files from one
version to another and have it Just Work (tm).
What's bad about something XML(.GZ)-based? Could you please explain me
the Ximian position on this? Was it discussed somewhere?

We do provide evo-db3 i386 packages for all platforms afaik. I'm not
sure about src packages, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I think
they are in the snapshot channel in red-carpet, but I could be wrong.
It's been a while since I've looked :-)
Just checked. Cannot find neither i386.rpm nor src.rpm with 3.1.7 for RH
7.2:( Could Ximian please bundle it (or give me the URL)?

The reason that db3.1.17 gets statically linked with Evolution is so
that your system can be using db3.2.9 or db2 or god knows what else and
not cause problems.
Arrrgh... Is db3 the only DBMS around? Is there any free embedded DBMS
which would be more stable in terms of file format?

Cheers,

Sergey