[Evolution] Same problem with "Can't find database files"

Hello,

I know we've been through this before, but I thought I'd try one more
time before I give up on Evolution.

The scenario is this:

From a clean boot up (Red Hat 7.2, stock kernel, with Ximian Gnome 1.4,
evo 1.0.0.99)I log into Gnome, start up Evo and all is well.  As long as
I don't log out of gnome ( I boot into X using the GDM, init level 5), I
can shut down Evo, let the screen saver kick in (password protected)
launch Evo and all is good. Once I log out of gnome and then log back
in, when I try to launch Evo it fails with a "Cannot find database
files" error. If I run oaf-slay then all is good until the next logout;
then it's the same thing all over again.

This exact same thing happens on two different systems; the other one is
running RH 7.1, ximian gnome 1.4, and evo 1.0.0.99). This has been going
on for quite some time, beginning many months ago. I have sent it screen
dumps per requests from the fine folks at Ximian, have removed and
reinstalled evo, tried lots of suggestions from lots of folks and still
no joy.

Now what's worse is that with RH 7.2, running oaf-slay to get evo to
launch totally locks up the keyboard/mouse one out of 4 times. I know
linux is still running because the others that access the internet
though the box can still access the internet.  The only way to get the
keyboard/mouse back is to hit the power button (ouch!) and then power
the system back up.

Is there anything further I can send in to try and resolve this problem?
Just killing the power to the box is not an alternative, nor a solution,
to the problem. Any hints, tips or other things I can try?

Amy in-site into this continuing problem would be appreciated. I really
love evo and don't want to let months of working with the others on this
list to help shake out the bugs (and of course using this fine product!)
go down the tubes.

Best Regards,

DCM