Re: [Evolution] db3

Search the list archives.  You'll find two things:

1) The Ximian folks use a particular version of db3 for standards
compliance.  If everyone who uses evolution is using the exact same
version of db3, then addressbooks and the like will always work across
platforms and whatnot.

2) The support for that particular version is statically compiled in.
Once you have rebuilt evolution against it, you can safely remove the
3.1.7 installation.

There may be other reasons but the second one alone is why you didn't
get a response when you posted to Bugzilla.

That's what I recall anyway.  If I'm wrong, may the Ximian folks correct
me.

Brian