Re: [Evolution] db3

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 16:41, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:

We do provide evo-db3 i386 packages for all platforms afaik. I'm not
sure about src packages, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did.
[snip]
Just checked. Cannot find neither i386.rpm nor src.rpm with 3.1.7 for RH
7.2:( Could Ximian please bundle it (or give me the URL)?

Methinks you didn't search very hard ...
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=evo%2Ddb3 will lead
you to
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/helix/ximian-gnome/redhat-71-i386/source/evo-db3-3.1.17-ximian.2.src.html

Also in regards to the evolution list archive; it's at
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/

It is not as searchable as one would like, but you can certainly go
month by month and see what's been said about db3.

Arrrgh... Is db3 the only DBMS around? Is there any free embedded DBMS
which would be more stable in terms of file format?

Er, what do you have against db3?  Why would you think that XML is
better than db?

--
Brian