Re: [Evolution] db3

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 20:49, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/helix/ximian-gnome/redhat-71-i386/source/evo-db3-3.1.17-ximian.2.src.html
??? It is for 7.1 - I asked for 7.2. Is there any document claiming it
is suitable for 7.2?

rpm --rebuild
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/helix/ximian-gnome/redhat-71-i386/source/evo-db3-3.1.17-ximian.2.src.rpm

At least try it before you go bitching that it won't work.

It is not as searchable as one would like, but you can certainly go
month by month and see what's been said about db3.
:))) Very convenient. Thank a lot. Do you really think it is the proper
way?:)))

No, this is the proper way:

http://www.google.com/search?q=db3+evolution

Wow.  That was hard, huh?

I am not excited by the fact that I have to install
3.1.17 (having 3.2.9!) if I want to build the Evolution. I do not really
need this portability of the DB but Ximian gives me no choice (probably,
it is the most annoying part of the story:).

Build it in a tmp dir, point in there during compilation of Evolution,
then delete when you're done.  It's taken you more time to complain
about it than it would've taken you to do it :)

Or hack evolution's configure script to not give a damn about the
version of db3 you have.  Of course, if this ever breaks on you then
you'd know who to blame ;-)
--
Brian