Re: [Evolution] db3

Search the list archives.  You'll find two things:
Sorry, I could not find the "Search" feature in the list archives:(

1) The Ximian folks use a particular version of db3 for standards
Which standard do you mean? RFC?
compliance.  If everyone who uses evolution is using the exact same
version of db3, then addressbooks and the like will always work across
platforms and whatnot.
OK. But they even do not provide db3-3.1.7 as src.rpm (sorry, I do not
know about i386.rpm) for RH7.2 (which is shipped with 3.2.9).

2) The support for that particular version is statically compiled in.
Once you have rebuilt evolution against it, you can safely remove the
3.1.7 installation.
OK. But if I want to build Evo myself... Again, there are reasons why
dynamically-linked libraries are better choice than statically-linked,
aren't there?

There may be other reasons but the second one alone is why you didn't
get a response when you posted to Bugzilla.
:)

That's what I recall anyway.  If I'm wrong, may the Ximian folks correct
me.
I would love to hear something from them ...

Cheers,

Sergey