[Evolution] db3

Hi all

1.0.1 is more stable than 1.0 - thanks to all Ximian people. But it
still does require db3-3.1.7. Moreover, with simple hacking I was able
to make Evo 1.0 work witn 3.2.9 (from RH7.2) but Evo 1.0.1 has problems
reading the db:( I know it is a kind of bad hack but could please anyone
explain me the policy of Ximian here? Why do they use the db format
supported by one particular (old!) version of one dbms? Is there a
chance to have something more flexible (open, standard, supported) in a
future? Some time ago I posted the bug in the bugzilla, but got no
positive response from Ximian people:( Do they really think it is good
to have 2 versions of db3 on a machine? Any comments would be
appreciated.

Cheers,

Sergey V. Udaltsov