Compiling dia in mingw [was import dia [was: stroke-width]]

Mike Dewhirst wrote:
Mike Dewhirst wrote:
Mike Dewhirst wrote:
Robert Staudinger wrote:
On 8/24/06, Mike Dewhirst <miked dewhirst com au> wrote:
Hans Breuer wrote:
Am 23.08.2006 15:48, Mike Dewhirst schrieb:
Lars Clausen wrote:
Mike Dewhirst sagde:

Another option is to use mingw/msys, which lets you reuse the *nix
build infrastructure.

That said i have built dia on win32 with msys/mingw some time ago, a
patch is available from . If you manage
getting to the point where dia builds with said patch enabling python
support should be pretty easy.

OK - I'm trying a bit harder this time. I have installed mingw/msys and
have created a file called dia-win32-mingw-02.diff containing your patch
in ../mingw/dia-0.95/ although I don't exactly know how to deal with it.
I presume it has to be nominated somewhere in Any advice?

This is probably the wrong place to ask for help on compiling Dia in
mingw but here goes ...

1. I got Dia to the point of complaining it wants GTK so I started
downloading missing bits.

2. GTK wouldn't compile and the list of dependencies seems as follows:

3. zlib compiles but doesn't produce its advertised output according to the last few lines of the make install prefix=/mingw command results as follows:

// works fine
cp zlib.h zconf.h /mingw/include

// not applicable
chmod 644 /mingw/include/zlib.h /mingw/include/zconf.h

// works fine
cp libz.a /mingw/lib

// not applicable
cd /mingw/lib; chmod 755 libz.a

// this looks like a prob EXCEPT I would expect a .dll file not .so
cd /mingw/lib; if test -f; then \
  // is not in /mingw/lib
  rm -f; \
  ln -s; \
  ln -s; \
  (ldconfig || true)  >/dev/null 2>&1; \

//works fine
cp zlib.3 /mingw/share/man/man3

//not applicable
chmod 644 /mingw/share/man/man3/zlib.3

4. the only zlib file in /mingw/lib is libz.a

5. the only other files (not in /mingw/zlib-1.2.3/) are:

6. Throwing caution to the wind I tried libpng as follows:

$ ./configure; make; make install prefix=/mingw

The last few lines ...

cd /mingw/bin; rm -f libpng-config
cd /mingw/bin; ln -s libpng12-config libpng-config
+ cd /mingw/lib
+ rm -f libpng.a
+ ln -s libpng12.a libpng.a
+ rm -f
+ ln -s
+ rm -f
+ ln -s
ln: creating symbolic link `' to `': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [install-exec-hook] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mingw/libpng-1.2.12'
make[1]: *** [install-exec-am] Error 2

The actual output of this in /mingw/lib/ is ...

plus dozens of files in /mingw/libpng-1.2.12

My question is - how should I modify the make files to satisfy mingw under windows?

Thanks for hints or links to any how-to files