Re: group_props.py import dia [was: stroke-width]

Hans Breuer wrote:
Am 23.08.2006 15:48, Mike Dewhirst schrieb:
Lars Clausen wrote:
Mike Dewhirst sagde:
<snip>

As an alternative, I am looking at group_props.py but it fails to import
dia.py. Google reveals a few dia.py results but none are apparently Dia
related.
That is Hans' area, I don't claim to understand the Python parts.  Hans?
It appears from the all python scripts shown on the website, that there must be a module called dia.py.
There needs to be a module called 'dia' to somehow make dia functionality
accessible to Python. It has always been this way, but it is not 'dia.py'.
The Dia's Python bindings are written in C, the source code is in plug-ins/python. Under windows it is compiled to dia.pyd; under *NIX it
is build if: ./configure --with-python; make; make install

Hans

Thank you - I found all that in the sources. I was looking for dia.py and missed it.

Does anybody build Dia python bindings for Windows?

Unfortunately I have no experience compiling C in Windows. Maybe it is time I learned. Could you point me at a how-to suitable for the tools you require?

Would I need to compile the entire suite at the same time?

If so, and if I decided to stick with Dia would I need to keep in touch with CVS so I could repeat the process in future?

Thanks

Mike

<snip>

        Hans