Re: Latex PGF plugin

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 14:00 +0100, momomaniac wrote:
Lars Clausen wrote:

I have committed your latest patch, so new patches should be based on
that or the next (nightly) anoncvs update.

-Lars

OK, I'll consider that.

Lars Clausen wrote:

Got it to work now, it looks overall nice.  Is it on purpose that you
ignore the font sizes?

-Lars

Yes, I wanted to leave that to latex in their fashion of selesting
relative sizes: \huge, etc.

I see the point, but I think that should be considered in the same way
as escaping, i.e. either LaTeX or Dia gets to decide how it looks, and
(eventually) the user should have a way to decide which.  If LaTeX gets
to do fancy typesetting, then certainly it should do size to, but if we
attempt to make it look as much as possible like in Dia (i.e. text in
boxes stay in boxes), Dia will have to determine the size.  That's of
course not easy at all with LaTeX font size system, so it'd require
something a bit more low level.

 However, I just thought about it, it should
be easy to implement decorations (italic,etc.) and colors without too
much abusing the latex philosophy

That would be nice.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (lars raeder dk, larsrc gmail com, http://lars.raeder.dk)
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the