Re: Latex PGF plugin

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 15:38 +0100, momomaniac wrote:
Lars Clausen wrote:

So I just checked the samples/render-test.dia
...and found a bug.

Yay, it works!  Thanks go to Hans Breuer for making that file.

I fixed 2 things in the code: arcs were not always drawn correctly, but
sometimes "the other way round", I had not noticed that 60°->30° is
actually 60°->390° and not 30°->60°.
Then I draw arrows twice to be able to combine PGF native arrow tips and
dia-rendered ones. Not a beautiful solution, but it does the job nicely
and will be more easily compatible with internal changes of dia arrows.

The new patch is here:
http://communicator.maximail.virgilio.it/r.jsp?d=virgilio.it&wr=_unreg_zopez9q&ws=4bbrh5lv&e=virgilio.it&c=N7XyHfro9saiXWLf3eaw0X63imVkfasZ94794

Looks good, but when I try to compile the exported result, it can't find
pscustom.  I don't see any reference to where it should be located.  I
have a dvips that's new enough according to the PGF documentation.

/*
Implementation choices:

The PGF package is written with the idea in mind that the typesetting
software will
(usually) do a better and more beautiful job than the user.

This export filter respects thes and therefore some export features are
special:

-text is NOT escaped: (La)TeX will interpret this code.
Therefore text size wil not be consistent and bounding boxes will not work.
When text is inside a box (as for example in the UML modules), the
result wil not
be as expected.

I think that's a really bad idea.  It means that all but the most
trivial texts will look strange.  The Right Way, of course, is to make
it selectable, but until then the various TeX-directed exports should at
least agree on enscaping:  See message
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2005-December/msg00002.html.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (lars raeder dk, larsrc gmail com, http://lars.raeder.dk)
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the