Re: DialUp Pref [was: Re: HTML support (was Re: Simplification of preferences)]

On Mon 21:54, 18 November 2002 Toralf wrote:

> POP? We could throw it all away for all I care...

POP and IMAP are fundamentally different beasts.  POP servers implement a mail
drop where mail resides post delivery pending collection by an MUA.  Nothing
more, nothing less.  IMAP splits mailbox storeage and operations from the
MUA.  IMAP is not appropriate for ISP usage which is why they use POP as this
fits their needs perfectly.

Brian