Re: Is there any way to kill a seahorse?

I think you are both arguing just for the sake of arguing. Bruce makes a valid point but just doesn't seem to know how to put it across without offending people. Michael also makes valid points but I think he doesn't quite understand Bruce's argument.

Bruce is right in that, if you are going to store passwords unencrypted, the last thing you want to do, is collect them all in one standard well-known place. However, that is an unfair remark against seahorse because seahorse is clearly not intended to be used in such a way. Clearly, seahorse is meant to be used with a password.

I think the only valid question is: can seahorse be (easily) disabled without destroying the rest of the Gnome experience?

Dimitris