Re: Is there any way to kill a seahorse?

On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 13:36 -0700, Bruce Korb wrote:
> Thanks for your reply:
> On 04/09/12 11:43, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>  > Quoting Bruce Korb <bkorb gnu org>:
>  >> ..., except for this horrid little Gnomey thingy
>  >> that seizes my desktop until I've dismissed it.  Please be kind
>  >> enough to do two things:
>  > It asks you to unlock your keyring / passphrase.
>  > The simplest solution is to let it do that.
>  > You have to enter it sooner or later anyway.
> I'd be happy doing that, but for the fact it keeps asking over
> and over and over and over.  If I did that and it went away,
> I'd have not chased this down.

In seahorse do you see a "login" keyring under "Passwords"?  If so you
can delete it and create a new keyring named login, or choose 'change
password' and make sure it is the same password that you use to login
[perhaps you changed your password].

Yourr /etc/pam.d/common-auth probably looks like -

auth	required	pam_env.so
auth	sufficient	pam_fprint.so
auth	optional	pam_gnome_keyring.so
auth	required	pam_unix2.so

The "pam_gnome_keyring" module initializes [or attempts to] the keyring
manager with your login password.  If something messes around in your
PAM configuration that can screw up initialization of the keyring.