Re: Is there any way to kill a seahorse?

On 04/10/12 02:55, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 13:36 -0700, Bruce Korb wrote:
Thanks for your reply:

Thank you _again_ for your reply! :)

On 04/09/12 11:43, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
In seahorse do you see a "login" keyring under "Passwords"?

"seahorse" is the name of the project that handles the
Gnome keyring, but there is no executable named "seahorse".
If you try running "gnome-keyring", you get a cryptic message.
There is no man page entry for such a beast, either.
So I have to ask, what do you mean by "In seahorse"?

If so you
can delete it and create a new keyring named login, or choose 'change
password' and make sure it is the same password that you use to login
[perhaps you changed your password].

Yourr /etc/pam.d/common-auth probably looks like -

auth	required	pam_env.so
auth	sufficient	pam_fprint.so	<<< not this, but not important
auth	optional	pam_gnome_keyring.so
auth	required	pam_unix2.so

The "pam_gnome_keyring" module initializes [or attempts to] the keyring
manager with your login password.  If something messes around in your
PAM configuration that can screw up initialization of the keyring.

All of your references to "login password" lead me to ask another question:

  Is everything all messed up if you have a password-less login?

My computer is in a locked room that only I have access to.
My wife can get in, but only I ever use the system.
Would this be the source of confusion?