Re: Title changes and titlebar updates, and UTF8 titles.

Harald van Dijk said:     (by the date of Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:18:57 +0100)

> So to avoid breaking a probably substantial portion of existing themes,
> should sawfish do something like attached? It's ugly, and it's a hack,
> but I believe it's better than breaking themes without notice...

Can you please submit this patch to wiki? It makes it much easier for
people to test patches (they are all collected in a single place).

Also while talking about titlebars, there is a new patch by Timo
Korvola waiting to be tested:

  http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Utf_8_names_fix

Basically it is a different approach at the same problem of UTF8
titles. It changes what Luis has done for 1.3.2.

1. sawfish 1.3.2 segfaults for Gabor Papp unless he is using this
   patch
2. this patch CAN be incompatible with other UTF8 patches for 1.3.2,
   like this one you have just sent in parent post.

And because of that we need to do some cross-testing, to pick the
best combination of patches.

For example - if I will probably apply this Timo's patch (to avoid
segfaults), but then - what about other patches....

best regards