Re: Title changes and titlebar updates

On 23.01.2008 19:20, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 05:27:40PM +0100, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>> [...]
>> > from src/events.c (new with the netwm patch) it no longer gets executed.
>> > I believe this can simply be removed, and the attached patch does so.
>> > With this, sawfish updates the title bar properly again.
>>
>> Now that you point out the problem I noticed that I also had that after
>> applying the Netwm patch, just never noticed. Your patch helps a bit. Most
>> titlebars now display correctly. Just when switching tabs in the browser
>> (SeaMonkey, but I suspect Firefox would be the same) to a page that would
>> put UTF-8 chars in the titlebar, then it doesn't update correctly.
>
> Since I run sawfish and firefox in an UTF-8 locale, I never had that
> problem. I've tried running both in an en_US (ISO-8859-1) locale, and
> then sawfish-1.3-cvs20060816 (codewise identical to 1.3.1) won't display
> nonrepresentable titles, but sawfish-1.3.2 will display them without any
> problem.

That's not what I meant. The basic display of titles with UTF-8 characters
_is_ fixed in 1.3.2. But the width of the crux theme color bar and hence the
visible part of the title isn't updated correctly when switching tabs in
SeaMonkey. Not with bare 1.3.2 and not with your patch from this thread.
   Peter.