Re: Improving the GUI

Christopher Bratusek said:     (by the date of Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:51:34 +0200)

> Dunno, but what about the Treeview/Re-exposed and Re-ordered Options?

What are the Re-ordered options? I don't see any patches about "re-ordered"....

> Is it OK like that? If so I would update the Wiki patches - which are not
> equal to what I made in the meantime.

uh, I have troubles parsing it. Can you explain a bit more?

> And is this to be for 1.3.5 or 1.5.0 (I'm just asking, 'cause those
> patches revert that ugly changes made at GNOME 2.0 and there also
> finishing two goals for 1.5.0 - Undeprecating Viewports, different
> SawfishUI UI)

I'm don't know right now. We should remember about GUI clutter...
But they surely will be applied in sawfish-experimental release for
people to play with.

Your question is: at which release 1.3.5 or 1.5.0 they will migrate
from experimental to stable? ;-)

I remember the treeview GUI. In fact I have debian potato, woody and
etch installed inside vmware. I did it just to see older version of
sawfish in its "native" environment.

Frankly I don't see any conceptual difference between treeview and
tabs-in-tabs view. It's exactly the same functionality. Using one or
another makes no difference at all for me. (maybe because my mind
is.... I dunno: semantic-focused (?))

That's why I think it's more important to add a "search box".

BTW: if anyone wants vmware disc images I can put them for download.