Re: Is there anything comparable out-there?

Ian Zimmerman said:     (by the date of 16 May 2007 13:26:53 -0400)

> Janek> Andrea Vettorello tried to get a wiki on freedesktop. So I had
> Janek> another suggestion. Well... having a project webpage should help
> Janek> to make the project less dead ;)
>
> I see.  Yes, I agree with your last sentence.  However, there's no
> reason why the development site (with CVS/svn, downloads etc.) has to be
> the same as the wiki site.  They could simply be linked to each other.

You are absolutely right:

1. one webpage for developers (CVS/SVN, bugtracking, downloads)
2. second webpage for users (documentation, news, extensions, screenshots).

crosslinked of course. Better if hosted on separete servers, being
decentralized makes it less suspectible to serwer downtime problems.