Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] audiocd view in (net)rhythmbox

> I think it is quite important to show the browser by default, just to
> get the users comfortable with it sooner..
> Yea, there is quite a lot of visual noise.. but.. I don't think a lot
> can be done about that..

Agreed - it's really important to have it on by default - but the meta
button can be used to toggle it.

> > > iTunes manages to get everything important in the top bar, although they
> > > take up a bit more space.  They put the repeat and shuffle buttons in
> > > the bottom.  Personally I'd rather put them in the menu, or do something
> > > else clever with them.
> >
> > iTunes is just a different Fitt's law implementation :-)
> >
> > Repeat and shuffle are status indicators more then buttons :~| we need
> > them to quickly see how listed songs will be played

We really shouldn't have these buttons at the bottom - I like where they
are on http://people.nl.linux.org/~jorn/Files/a.png

> I don't think I like these too much either.. they're a bit too messy to
> my tastes.. like I said in my reply to Colin I think the iTunes style
> doesnt fit very well with the general GNOME style.. but I dunno.. thats
> just a feelign I get when I look at the mockups..

I agree - IMHO http://people.nl.linux.org/~jorn/Files/a.png is much more
gnomeish, it shows some origionality and is a lot tidier than the latest
iTunes-alike mockups

Just want to take a break give everyone a big irish *Thumbs UP* for
being so close to a good UI. A pint of guiness for the person to come up
with the final mockup ;)

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]