Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] audiocd view in (net)rhythmbox

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 14:07, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> Very nice. I changed some bits, shot here:
>
> http://nl.linux.org/~jorn/Files/a.png
>
> changes:
> - use list instead of buttonbar (why use a custom widget when a stock
> one will work just fine)
> - slight changes to seek slider to look better (imho)
> - change status message to a more human parsable format, also showing
> how much time is remaining in total
> - some insignificant spacing/padding tweaks
>
> How do you guys go about this one?

I don't really like putting the search box on the bottom.  It just looks
weird to me; it's not the normal place for a search.  And besides search
should be something we're advertising heavily, not stuffing down in the
corner.

iTunes manages to get everything important in the top bar, although they
take up a bit more space.  They put the repeat and shuffle buttons in
the bottom.  Personally I'd rather put them in the menu, or do something
else clever with them.

Attached are two new UI proposals.  One removes the buttons entirely,
another adds them back.

mp-hacked.tar.bz2