Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] audiocd view in (net)rhythmbox

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 13:01, MArk Finlay wrote:
> > Ok.  Do you have any other proposals for improving the current UI?  I'd
> > like to come to some sort of consensus on what the new UI should look
> > like.
>
> Well we've spent so much time on mockups already. Personally I'd like to see
> the
> UI done incrementally in code. There are certain issues one can only deal
> with
> in practice. We'd be a good way forward to have the last shot on
> http://xsu.sf.net/search.html implemented.

You're talking about the one on the bottom right?

I actually like the one on the bottom left more, because I feel volume
should generally be a system thing (although we'll want a "preamp" in
the preferences, as I think Luca said a while back).

I don't like the one in the bottom right because the search box isn't
labelled, which will be confusing for people.

So, what does everyone else think?  Jorn?  Do you want to go for the one
on the bottom left too?

http://xsu.sourceforge.net/search5.png

Hm, one detail I just noticed; you have the check boxes in the node view
in that screenshot.  I'm not a priori opposed to checkboxes, but how
will the user know which song is playing?  Will we like replace the
checkbox with the playing icon?  I'm not sure I like that idea.