Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] audiocd view in (net)rhythmbox

fre 2003-05-09 klockan 09.53 skrev Colin Walters:
> On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 14:07, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > Very nice. I changed some bits, shot here:
> >
> > http://nl.linux.org/~jorn/Files/a.png
> >
> > changes:
> > - use list instead of buttonbar (why use a custom widget when a stock
> > one will work just fine)
> > - slight changes to seek slider to look better (imho)
> > - change status message to a more human parsable format, also showing
> > how much time is remaining in total
> > - some insignificant spacing/padding tweaks
> >
> > How do you guys go about this one?
>
> I don't really like putting the search box on the bottom.  It just looks
> weird to me; it's not the normal place for a search.  And besides search
> should be something we're advertising heavily, not stuffing down in the
> corner.

Well, it *is* close to the view it searches (when it's down under I
mean). So I don't think it's that much of a bad place, though, I agree
top would be more ideal if there were space.
(See also Fitt's Law as Luca said)

I think shuffle is important enough to have a butotn in the main button,
repeat not necessarily but shuffle.. yes, for sure. (volume is necessary
too, as is the action button)

I don't like your mockups much I'm afraid, like Mark said too much blank
space.

(And I think it looks a bit messy, the funky iTunes style doesnt fit
well with the generally more 'tidy' GNOME style imho)