Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] audiocd view in (net)rhythmbox

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 13:23, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> Well, it *is* close to the view it searches (when it's down under I
> mean). So I don't think it's that much of a bad place, though, I agree
> top would be more ideal if there were space.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if it was on the bottom, but I don't
like it.

If it seems to be the general consensus though I will accept it.

Hm.  Would it be total crack to have it dynamically adjust depending on
the width of the user's screen?  I run 1440x1050, so I have plenty of
space for all of it in the toolbar...

> (See also Fitt's Law as Luca said)

I replied to this.

> I think shuffle is important enough to have a butotn in the main button,
> repeat not necessarily but shuffle.. yes, for sure. (volume is necessary
> too, as is the action button)

Yeah, you are right.  Luca's UI proposals take care of this.

> I don't like your mockups much I'm afraid, like Mark said too much blank
> space.

Yeah; but again I think Luca's proposals fix this.

> (And I think it looks a bit messy, the funky iTunes style doesnt fit
> well with the generally more 'tidy' GNOME style imho)

iTunes is funky, I agree.  But it is also very usable.  Apple has a
pretty hard-earned reputation for user-friendliness, and we should think
carefully about diverging from that.