Re: [orca-list] Accessibility broken under Wayland Fedora 31

Didier Spaier aliandika:
That's interesting. Which version if alsa (and pulse, case occurring) do you currently use? and are you currently using PulseAudio?

I use nothing but Pulse on all devices except Raspberry Pi, as it seems pretty badly broken there. The last time I tried dmix was about 3 years ago, and had the problems with it then that I describe, which started before Pulse was even widely used, I think close to 12 years ago. My audio output options in speech-dispatcher also must default to Pulse, because with the exception of the Raspberry Pi, other output options either refuse to output speech or crash randomly, even as recently as 6 to 8 months ago. I haven't seen any fixes or other changes that have been made over the past 2 to 3 years that seemed like I should try any of these options again to see how well they work now, although for some reason, others have reported far less trouble than I have experienced. Having said all this, I haven't tested most of this stuff recently, as I move further away from inconsistent text interfaces, using the MATE desktop for nearly everything except package management and simple file manipulation, as I can do these things in an open terminal with a running shell without any real difficulty, and I do still find it easier to type in short commands with tab completion where necessary than to move files around using multiple file manager windows open and cutting and pasting and such. The exception is when I need to select a ton of files from one place and copy or move them, which becomes far easier from the Caja windows. In any case, Fenrir, although it still requires running a script to redirect system Pulse to a user-spawned session, has solved most problems with text and graphical modes playing nice together in my recent tests.

Imetumwa kutoka majaribu yangu