Re: [orca-list] Accessibility broken under Wayland Fedora 31

Unfortunately the link you provide to the message on the PulseAudio email list only says that redirecting to dmix is a "really bad idea," but doesn't specify why this is the case. I can only speak from my own experiences with dmix, but using it here has been anything but smooth on most of the devices I've tried. Speech tends to trip over itself for one thing, i.e. one utterance begins before the previous utterance has completed. This especially seems to affect speech interruption in a terminal where output tends to scroll and chatter a lot. Latency while dmix is being used is also a huge problem wherever I have used it. Unless the alsa front end utilities and plugins such as dmix have improved significantly, I can only say that from where I'm sitting, dmix looks like a pretty ugly work-around even if Pulse isn't redirecting through it.

Imetumwa kutoka jana