Re: [orca-list] [Testers wanted before the official release] Slint64-4.2.1 release candidate is accessible.

Hello,

Le 26/10/2017 à 19:14, Peter Vágner a écrit :
Yes arch linux also includes all the accessibility stuff in the
/etc/profile.d. I was thinking about it but I have never suggested it
as I was not sure it's appropriate for slint too.

It's up to us all to decide what's appropriate for Slint ;)

If that doesn't hurt we could set these parameters in /etc/profile.d/orca.sh
as this won't hurt users who don't want speech as long as orca is
not started, right?

Also I like an approach where you will use
~/.config/autostart/startorca.desktop as a check instead of
~/.config/startorca.

Actually we won't have to check anything, if orca is started by
~/.config/startorca.desktop and the parameters are already set in
/etc/profile.d/orca.sh

However I am not sure on the
Hidden=true
desktop entry line. I think this won't disable the app from starting. It
will only hide it from the menus won't it?

This is the main effect, but it also prevents autostart
as stated by the Desktop Application Autostart Specification:
cut here
When the .desktop file has the Hidden key set to true, the .desktop
file MUST be ignored. When multiple .desktop files with the same name
exists in multiple directories then only the Hidden key in the most
important .desktop file must be considered: If it is set to true all
.desktop files with the same name in the other directories MUST be
ignored as well.
cut here

If we end up putting startorca.desktop only in ~/.config/autostart/
not in /etc/xdg/autostart, this will still be useful, e.g; if the user
wanats to disable speech for som reason but alos easily get it back.

Also I think xdg stuff should be configured the same way no mather if
accessibility is requested or not.

Yes if that has no adverse effect for users who do not want speech
which I assume. i will make some tests to be sure.

Also, as if I understand well lightdm is accessible with orca, lighter
and with less dependencies than recent versions of gdm, I will try it
with a gtk greeter.

Of course I'll let you know the outcome.

Greetings,

Didier

Hello Jude,