Re: [orca-list] [Testers wanted before the official release] Slint64-4.2.1 release candidate is accessible.

Hello,

> Some lxde pannels are accessible with the flat review. However it appears
> the desktop is not configured. Wouldn't it be more awesome if PCManFM would
> be configured to provide the desktop? That way we would get inaccessible
> pannels but very accessible gnome 2 style desktop that would receive the
> focus when all apps are closed.

I would be grateful for guidance on how to do that. I am a complete
beginner in the field of accessibility, with zero experience as I see.
When pcmanfm is started with a --desktop switch it should provide the desktop icons.
On an installed system I can see it's specified inside the file
~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
but it is not running when lxde is showing, so it needs further investigation.

> Now when starting orca after the X session launch it just says Screen
> reader on with nothing else. The only way on how to start working with the
> system in this point is pressing alt+F1.

Well, you can also press all+F2 to get a Run dialog, and also have a
terminal focused when going graphical. To get that just type as regular
user, for instance:
cp /usr/share/applications/lxterminal.desktop ~/.config/autostart

Well I have tried to place modified pcmanfm.desktop into ~/.config/autostart and it has not been started for me. Perhaps these two things might contribute to each other. I will be looking again into this tomorrow. I just wanted you to know my progress.

Greetings

Peter