Re: [orca-list] [Testers wanted before the official release] Slint64-4.2.1 release candidate is accessible.

Hello David,

Le 17/10/2017 à 23:24, David Hunt a écrit :
I didn't see a way to control what desktops got installed; got them all, it looks like.

Yes, see my answer to Peter

 I think I'll remove the ones I don't want.

I think I'll remove the ones I don't want.

Seriously having. software that you don't use don't hurt in any way.

You will only free a few MB on your hard disk or SSD.

Thanks for offering the Network Manager option at install time! Once my graphical setup got running, I
exercised this option and setup my wifi in the connections editor, since the lx panel and dashboard are
still inaccessible.  For those wanting to setup network manager outside the gui session, I think there is a
tool called nmcli or nmtui?

Both nmtui and nmcli are provided as well as nmtui-connect, nmtui-edit and nm-tui hostname,
nmconnection-editor and nm-online.

Using the default lxde, I find no way to switch among the windows for the running applications.  Using
'alt+tab' seems to take focus from the top application window, but does not seem to focus a new window.
Pressing any key returns focus to the window from which I meant to move.  If I'm reading this correctly,
fvwm is the window manager for the default gui session?  Is there another key to use?

Assuming that you have several windows opened, in LXDE with fvwm you need to press 'alt+tab' at least twice
to focus to another window.

Cheers,
Didier