Re: [orca-list] Nautilus slowness

Hi Dave,

Yes. As of Gnome 3.4 Nautilus is extremely slow and unresponsive. If you set it to icon view, disable the sidebar, etc you can dramatically speed up Nautilus, but in its default state it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a full minute to open a directory. Sometimes even longer if you have several books, mp3s, whatever in the directory. Not sure how Nautilus behaves on other distributions, but on Ubuntu 12.04 its not very responsive without tweaking it. When I was using Ubuntu 11.10, the same version of Nautilus Trisquel 5.5 uses, Nautilus didn't seem quite this bad.