Re: [orca-list] Nautilus slowness

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 10:27:16AM PDT, Thomas Ward wrote:

Hi Dave,

To be honest it didn't occur to me to try different views in
Nautilus until the subject came up here. I have just done that,
turning off the side pain, and now directories open and display much
faster. Not as fast as I'd like, but way better than it was. At
least I can live with Nautilus now. :D

I'll make a note to look into this further. There may be a case to change this default for the screen reader
profile in the future, i.e if you install with orca, the Nautilus side bar wil be disabled to improve
performance. There may even be a case to get this done for the first LTS point release, and certainly in
future Ubuntu releases.

Luke