Re: [orca-list] Gnome3, Orca and ArchLinux

On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 10:38:52AM +1000, Jason White wrote:
What I have done in Gnome is create desktop launchers for the applications I
want, so I can type ctrl-alt-d, type the first character or two of the name of
the application and press enter. Sometimes, it's faster to run Gnome-terminal
and then start the application from the shell with suitable parameters on the
command line.

        Exactly.  I would rather have a ready terminal and type "ff" to
load Firefox, than take my hands from the keyboard to use the mouse,
move a cursor around to find a menu, click another menu, and then click
on the Firefox selection, return my hands to the keyboard, and then
finally be ready to start browsing the web.  Mice reduce productivity,
big time, and what may appear at first glance to be too complex and
cumbersome, is actually far more fast and efficient.

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org